Note: As of 2017-03-06, this project appears to no longer be supported. If you are interested in taking this project over, or you as the project maintainer feel this message has been posted in error, please reply to.
This module allows you to take snapshots of your site. It turns a Drupal installation into a sandbox that you can use to:
- Try out and test new modules, configuration, etc.
- Set up a public demonstration site for a contributed module or theme.
- Develop and test update and upgrade paths.
Whenever you need to reset your site to the state of a saved snapshot a click of your mouse will do so.
With cron enabled, a site can be automatically reset to a chosen snapshot in a definable interval.
- See README.txt contained in the download.
Public demo sites
- The bundled, optional Demo Reset module allows to setup a public demo site.
- Foreigners can play in your sandbox.
- Setup cron to automatically reset the site periodically.
- D6 only: If your web host does not support a real crontab, you may use Poormanscron. (D7 has this built-in.)
- Use Demonstration Site Install Profile to use snapshots to setup a Drupal site.
- Backup/archive of uploaded files and restore upon reset. To allow sandboxes for file related modules.
- Journal module integration to show recent changes in snapshots.
- Demo Reset security improvements to allow to demonstrate administrative functionalities more easily.
This project has been sponsored by
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: Developer, Import/Export
- Reported installs: 10,072 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 70,254
- Last modified: 6 March 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.