Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
CCK Select Other introduces an alternative select list widget that provides a user with either a select list or text input.
- Uses native core List fields, which allows to swap out the select widget at any time.
- Provide a field formatter.
- Supports views filter.
- Support custom Other label.
- Drupal 6-7
- Supports allowed values and stores options in separate configuration.
- 7.x-2.x: Support field collection and other element altering modules.
- Drupal 8
- Uses allowed value.
- Drupal 7: i18n is not supported because i18n does not support form element children correctly.
- 8.x-1.x: Initial development completed
- 7.x-2.x: Better support for field collection, list_integer.
- 7.x-1.x: 1.2 stable released.
- 6.x-1.x version is stable and works fine for normal use cases. There are a number of tasks related to advanced use cases such as with conditional field or flexifield.
Drupal 8: How it works
The decoupling of fields and widgets caused much issue with this module as a field no longer understands what widget a value came from. Despite the benefit of decoupling this means that CCK Select Other MUST re-couple the dependency and blow away reliance on AllowedValuesConstraint and AllowedValuesConstraintValidator classes and redoing everything from scratch. Now any field that uses the select other widget in any form display will pass through allowed values. Don't like it? Fix core.
Drupal 6: How it works
CCK renders the form element as fieldset with multiple elements. When processed the form element is deconstructed into a simple element so that CCK will save the field properly. If validation fails the form element needs to be reconstructed as the fieldset.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Content Construction Kit (CCK), Content Display, Fields, Views
- Reported installs: 2,011 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 76,313
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: May 8, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.