Bean is an acronym that stands for Block Entities Aren't Nodes.
What is Bean?
Think of a Bean as a method to provide new types (compared to node this would be a content type) which then provides an add content interface to create as many blocks as you require (see screenshot below). The bean content can then be placed around the site just like any other block.
Beans were driven by the API first. This means that you can create block types (bean types) all in a plugin class turning off the UI. The entire configuration in code. No worry about feature reverts.
How you can help!
- Come join some discussion in the #drupal-beans irc room.
- We need tests!
- Review Patches: http://drupal.org/project/issues/bean?status=8
- Add documentation
See API Change Records for changes.
Drupal 8 support
As Drupal 8 supports fields on its block entities, this module is not needed for new sites. For Drupal 7 sites upgrading to Drupal 8 a discussion is underway, please join the conversation and help where you can.
Initially sponsored by Treehouse Agency and The US Dept. of Energy (energy.gov)
- Maintenance status: Seeking new maintainer
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Reported installs: 33,526 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 351,271
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: 13 April 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.