What is Bassets?
Bassets (Better Assets) is a client-server solution for storing and managing of digital assets (pictures, videos etc.).
This distribution contains the Bassets server.
The installation profile of the associated client can be found in the Bassets Client Profile project page.
A 'Connection Wizard' simplifies the necessary steps for mutually introducing client and server. The number of clients has no technical limit. The authentication between client and server is based on OAuth. All systems involved therefore have to be able to connect to each other. The Features module sets several content types and establishes workflows.
Current Status of Asset Management
Currently Bassets can manage assets of the type "picture". Bassets automatically reads Exif- and IPTC-Metadata of the pictures uploaded, like: description, photographer, copyright notice, GPS data, date/time.
Bassets also provides calculated values like height/width, ratio, color space, orientation.
Additionally, caption text, keywords, categories and licence data can be maintained centrally. Centrally maintained meta data are provided to all connected clients. The editor can block picture use by clients and - if activated - push updated versions of pictures to the clients.
Integration of other assets like documents, video and audio files is planned for the future, see "TAKE PART AND DOWNLOAD".
Requirements for the Server
In addition to the general Requirements for Drupal 7.x:
- PHP-Curl library
- >= 256M PHP memory (memory_limit)
The following Bassets modules will be installed by the installation profile:
Take Part and Download
Further development of Bassets can be supported by:
- Testing of the software in various environments and documentation of any errors and problems found in the Issue-Queue of the project site
- Providing improvements for an optimal system and information architecture
- Financial sponsoring in order to accelerate development
- Using Bassets in production and actively talking about it
Bugs in contrib modules
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Reported installs: 2 sites currently report using this distribution. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 24,517
- Last modified: 17 February 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.