Drupal 8 Note: A ground up rewrite is currently underway. Follow the progress at https://www.drupal.org/node/2607038#comment-10638286
Back up and restore your Drupal MySQL database, code, and files or migrate a site between environments. Backup and Migrate supports gzip, bzip and zip compression as well as automatic scheduled backups.
With Backup and Migrate you can dump some or all of your database tables to a file download or save to a file on the server or offsite, and to restore from an uploaded or previously saved database dump. You can choose which tables and what data to backup and cache data is excluded by default.
Features (version 3.x)
- Backup/Restore multiple MySQL databases and code
- Backup of files directory is built into this version
- Add a note to backup files
- Smart delete options make it easier to manage backup files
- Backup to FTP/S3/Email or NodeSquirrel.com
- Drush integration
- Multiple backup schedules
- AES encryption for backups
Modules that enhance Backup and Migrate:
NodeSquirrel Client - Backup to the NodeSquirrel.com offsite drupal backup service.NodeSquirrel is now built in!
- Elysia Cron - Create custom chron jobs and set more precise backup schedules
- Backup and Migrate Prune - Manage your scheduled backups by selectively deleting files.
- Backup and Migrate SFTP - Backup to SFTP
- Backup and Migrate Dropbox - Backup to Dropbox
- Backup and Migrate Rackspace Cloudfiles - Backup to Rackspace Cloudfiles
- HPCloud - Backup to HPCloud
- AES Encryption - Encrypt your backup files
Resources and Documentation
- The most complete resource we've seen is the Modules Unraveled Backup and Migrate video series that covers all aspects of configuring and using Backup and Migrate. If you use code GSBAM25 at checkout, you'll get one full month of free access to all of these great videos.
- For a brief overview, Lullabot's introduction to Backup and Migrate is a great resource.
- Daily Dose of Drupal also has a nice intro screencast.
If you are not running on an Apache server, please see the module README file for advice on securing other servers. Test your configuration or consult an expert if you aren't sure if your server is secure.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Developer, Utility
- Reported installs: 314,122 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,194,494
- Last modified: March 11, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.