This module provides a simple interface that allows registered users to use a login name which is different than their username.
Users can add, edit, or delete an alternate login name. Administrators can also assign an alternate login name when creating user accounts, and there is an option to allow users to select an alternate login name upon registration.
To use, simply enable the module, then visit the user edit page. Enter the alternate login name in the 'Alternate Login' textfield, and save.
Note that users can still login with their normal username--this just adds the option of another login name. Also note that an alternate login name may not be equivalent to any other current alternate login name, nor any current username.
Written by Chad Phillips.
Following is important information about how this module is maintained
- Support requests will only be responded to if they deal with the development of the module, or possibly its use with another module. End users should consult the forums or IRC chat rooms or hire a consultant for support.
- I'm committed to fixing bugs that I can reproduce on my local installation, using only a clean Drupal core install and the module. I will not spend time investigating problems caused by another contributed module.
- I'm committed to providing new releases when
- A security hole has been discovered and fixed
- A critical bug has been discovered and fixed
- Enough non-critical bugs have been fixed to reasonably warrant a release
- I'm committed to having a stable release for all officially supported versions of Drupal.
- Feature requests will generally not be responded to, unless either
- A well-conceived and tested patch is provided, in my judgement the feature makes sense to add to the module, and won't create a lot of maintenance overhead.
- Sponsorship/funding for the feature is provided