This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
Provides a theme-independent administration interface (aka.
back-end). It's a helper for novice users coming from other CMS, a time-saver for site administrators, and useful for developers and site builders.
Administrative links are displayed in a CSS/JS-based menu at the top on all pages of your site. It not only contains regular menu items — tasks and actions are also included, enabling fast access to any administrative resource your Drupal site provides.
Showcase and Quality Assurance
- Test-drive in various themes on the demonstration site or watch a short demo reel or a installation tutorial video.
Behaviour and Integration
- Works in all themes and all browsers.
- Exposes all administration links including all tabs/tasks and actions to provide direct access to any page.
- Extensible with add-on features by other modules. Devel integration is built-in.
- Themeable administration menu icon.
- (3.x only) Implements client-side caching to minimize server-side performance impact.
- (7.x-3.x only) Exposes links to individual configuration items (e.g., content types, menus, views, etc.) including their contextual links.
- For Drupal 8: the Admin Toolbar provides an admin_menu-like experience with core's toolbar.
- This module is intended for administrative users, not for regular/anonymous users. Try SimpleMenu, Nice Menus, or DHTML Menu.
- Read the documentation.
- Grant the "access administration menu" and "access administration pages" user permissions to selected roles.
- Drupal 6 only:
- The "Administer" menu link must be enabled, but may reside in a different menu than "Navigation".
- Ensure your theme outputs
$closure. If the menu does not appear, consult the README.txt first.
This project has been sponsored by:
- unleashed mind
Drupal consulting and development. Visit http://www.unleashedmind.com for more information.
Friendly Drupal experts providing professional consulting & education services. Visit http://www.lullabot.com for more information.
Commercially Supported Drupal. Visit http://acquia.com for more information.
Drupal core bugs preventing a stable 6.x-3.x release
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Developer, Site Navigation, Utility
- Reported installs: 526,646 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 4,376,166
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: October 8, 2015
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.