The ACL module, short for Access Control Lists, is an API for other modules to create lists of users and give them access to nodes. It has no UI of its own and will not do anything by itself; install this module only if some other module tells you to.
We're aware of the following modules using ACL (let us know if you know of others):
- Content Access (optionally uses ACL to provide by-user access control)
- Flexi Access
- Forum Access
- Image Gallery Access
ACL for Drupal 8
We need help for moving ACL to D8 and supporting it there. Please help finish up a D7 release and start work on D8.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Community, Content, Content Access Control, Developer, Security, User Access & Authentication
- Reported installs: 24,065 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 346
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: December 2, 2014