The XML sitemap module creates a sitemap that conforms to the sitemaps.org specification. This helps search engines to more intelligently crawl a website and keep their results up to date. The sitemap created by the module can be automatically submitted to Ask, Google, Bing (formerly Windows Live Search), and Yahoo! search engines. The module also comes with several submodules that can add sitemap links for content, menu items, taxonomy terms, and user profiles.
The 6.x-2.x branch is a complete refactoring with considerations for performance, scalability, and reliability. Once we get an official 6.x-2.0 version, the 6.x-1.x branch will no longer be supported. The 6.x-1.x and 5.x branches are currently closed to feature requests.
Before upgrading, make sure to backup your site's database. Please use the issue queue to report feedback on the success or errors of your particular upgrade.
To upgrade from version 6 to version 7, please make sure you use a 6.x-2.x to 7.x-2.0-rc1 path. If you're upgrading from version 5 to version 7, please use the 5.x-1.7 to 6.x-1.x to 6.x-2.x to 7.x-2.0-rc1 path.
Special thanks to:
- The 6.x-2.x rewrite is sponsored by Symantec, WebWise Solutions, Volacci, lanetro, Coupons Dealuxe, and the individuals that have donated using ChipIn.
- Past sponsor: EmpowHer.com.
- Past contributors: Matthew Loar (GSOC 2005) and Darren Oh
- Community: A special thanks to all those involved who remain unnamed and have contributed time reporting issues, helping debug, or submitting patches, or have contributed financially to sponsor improvement of the module.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Drush, Search, Third-party Integration, Utility
- Reported installs: 276,275 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,248,669
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: January 30, 2015