I see this module has quiet a number of installs and seems to suit my needs.
What plans do you have for a Drupal 7 version?


icanlocalize’s picture

Status: Active » Postponed

We're working on it.

i18n for D7 isn't ready too and we're working on that as well.

brucepearson’s picture

You can download a development version for D7 from CVS from the main trunk. We will release a beta release soon.

brucepearson’s picture

Status: Postponed » Fixed
wasare’s picture


brucepearson’s picture

A beta version for D7 has just been released.

serg2’s picture


BenK’s picture


Status: Fixed » Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

nadavoid’s picture

Version: 6.x-1.x-dev » 7.x-1.0-beta1
Component: Miscellaneous » Code
Category: feature » task
Status: Closed (fixed) » Active

It looks like commit activity has been really light. I'm reopening this issue just to track status of porting to D7.

I see this post http://drupal-translation.com/content/migrating-translation-management-d7 which was published in September 2010.

I'm looking for an idea of how much work is left to finish porting translation_management to D7, and what tasks people might be able to help with.

icanlocalize’s picture

We're low on development resources for D7. Is anyone here interested in taking chunks and working on them?

PieterDC’s picture

Seems like quite some people are trying to help.

Could you please fix #1052890: Post 7.x-1.x-dev version so people can contribute patches ?

tebb’s picture

Hi. Would a ChipIn/Bounty speed-up completing the port of all D6 functionality to D7?

If money would help, could someone estimate how much we need to finance finishing the port please.

miro_dietiker’s picture

Status update:
I just tested the D7 version and the installation already breaks.
(More testing shows: Module Core + Translate installs cleanly, Content breaks)

However if i try to open any subsequent page, almost all pages contain error messages or even provide "server error".

So the module is still not working. I cannot reproduce the beta state. Do you consider it almost finished, api stable and bugfixing only?

FreeFox’s picture

I'm willing to pay some bounty as far as my budget allows me and ... I'm not willing to pay alone ;)

laurentchardin’s picture


andjules’s picture

I could also throw a little $$ toward dev/bounty.

icanlocalize’s picture

We'll have available developers' time in about 3 weeks. Each $3K pays for one week. How much are you willing to throw in?

miro_dietiker’s picture

This sounds nice icanlocalize.
We'll soon need a workflow helper for a bigger translated site. We'll soon pickup the ball and draw our picture. Possibly we'll also start to contribute.

Looking forward to hear from your plans.

mgladding’s picture

Has a monetary contribution process been started for finishing up the module for D7?

Translation management would be an essential component of a new project I'm working on.

PieterDC’s picture

Has anybody tried https://github.com/meedidy/mygengo-drupal-7 yet? Seems like an alternative for this module.

chrisdolby’s picture

Is there any progress on this module for D7? It would be really handy to be able to import from XLIFF, otherwise I may have to roll my own for now.

I'm quite happy to contribute some of my time, but I'd appreciate an updated dev release or something to work from, and a roadmap.

matason’s picture


miro_dietiker’s picture

We're organizing a CodeSprint about content translation management & workflows.

The sprint will take place around 16th - 22nd of January 2012 in the offices of MD Systems, Räffelstrasse 25, 8045 Zürich in Switzerland. We are looking forward to 20+ persons coding.

icanlocalize has also been contacted without response up till now.
The original intention was to start with a more general Drupal 7 port of the translation_management module.
However till now we don't have any access to this project.

If no maintainer of it will participate and none of our participants will get at the maintainer level, we'll need to fork and start a new project.
We're open for all people from the community to join our CodeSprint. The result will be awesome! Your support is appreciated.


Jos Doekbrijder’s picture

Title: Drupal 7 status for Translation Management? » Drupal 7 Translation Management CodeSprint

Hi Miro

Can I also participate if I can not come to Switzerland?



miro_dietiker’s picture

Jos, i know you'll be there physically. Happy to see you.

However if someone want to participate remotely, you can join us via IRC.
You'll be able to find more information (channel name, concept, tasks, responsibilities, further contact information) on site.

I'd be happy if people signup before. Please tell me when you're available.

brucepearson’s picture

Hi Miro,

We're happy to see this initiative for the Translation Management module. Unfortunately we don't currently have the resources to further develop the D7 version of the module.

We're looking for a responsible co-maintainer of the TM module.

miro_dietiker’s picture

Could you please add me as a co-maintainer for the codesprint? (and for future work) Thank you.

tebb’s picture

Hi Miro.

Is the code sprint still on this week?

Are you maintaining this module or forking?

miro_dietiker’s picture

Status: Active » Fixed

We finally got accepted as maintainer. So i have commit and project access. Thanks icanlicalize /brucepearson for this delegation.

Marking this fixed as we're ready with the initial conditions.
Join IRC #drupal-i18n for virtual participation.

miro_dietiker’s picture

Title: Drupal 7 Translation Management CodeSprint » Drupal 7 status for Translation Management?
Status: Fixed » Active

Switching back to original.

Note that we won't fix translation management module. During the sprint we decided to build a new module from scratch.
You can find it currently as a sandbox under heavy development. Publishing will happen soon.

All previous issues are still pending with this module.

BrightBold’s picture

The aforementioned module now appears to be here: Translation Management Tool.

Berdir’s picture

Priority: Normal » Major

This project has not seen a commit in 7.x-1.x for almost two years now. We're actively maintaining and pushing the Translation Management Tool project further, just released a new version last week.

What about marking the 7.x branch as unsupported and removing it from the frontpage and instead link to TMGMT?

miro_dietiker’s picture

I fully support this suggestion.

Will contact icanlocalize / brucepearson if there's any current strategy with it or if we can consider D7 to be finally abandoned.

liza’s picture

COULD YOU PLEASE MARK THIS MODULE AS ABANDONED?!?!? i just stumbled upon the Content module mess :P

miro_dietiker’s picture

Status: Active » Fixed

As there was no reply by the original maintainers, i did some changes in settings:
- removed category "content"
- removed the 7.x-1.x-beta1 release from the release list (unsupported)
- set the module status to unsupported

Still leaving to "maintenance fixes only" because 6.x is possibly still in use and maintained from ICanLocalize guys. I don't know anything about this version.

tebb’s picture

Not sure where to report this, so ...

The link to tmgmt at the top of this projects home page does not work because it is ...


klonos’s picture

Status: Fixed » Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.