Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2010-099
- Project: Views Bulk Operations (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2010-October-6
- Security risk: Not critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
Views Bulk Operations augments Views by allowing bulk operations to be executed on the nodes and users displayed by a view. It does so by showing a checkbox in front of each item, and adding a select box containing operations that can be applied on the selected items.
In some circumstances, a malicious user could use Views Bulk Operation to cause user 0 (the anonymous user) to be deleted. The effects of deleting user 0 vary depending on the system configuration and the use of other contributed modules, ranging from trivial errors to significant loss of functionality.
The risk is mitigated by the fact that a malicious user would need permission to a view that lets him/her manage users through Views Bulk Operations in order to exploit this vulnerability.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Views Bulk Operations for Drupal 6 prior to 6.x-1.10
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Views Bulk Operations module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Views Bulk Operations module for Drupal 6.x upgrade to Views Bulk Operations 6.x-1.10
See also the Views Bulk Operations project page.