Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-081
- Project: Abuse (third-party module)
- Version: 5.x, 6.x
- Date: 2009 October 21
- Security risk: Critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Abuse module enables users to flag nodes and comments as offensive, bringing them to the attention of the site maintainer for review. The module suffers from a Cross Site Scripting (Cross Site Scripting) vulnerability. Such an attack may lead to a malicious user gaining full administrative access.
- Abuse 6.x prior to 6.x-1.1-alpha1
- Abuse 5.x prior to 5.x-2.1
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Abuse module, there is nothing you need to do.
Upgrade to the latest version:
- If you use Abuse for Drupal 6.x upgrade to version 6.x-1.1-alpha1
- If you use Abuse for Drupal 5.x upgrade to version 5.x-2.1
- Reported by Mustafa ULU.
- Fixed by Ashok Modi.
The security contact for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.