- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-057
- Project: Date (third-party module)
- Version: 5.x, 6.x
- Date: 2009-September-16
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Date module provides a date CCK field that can be added to any content type. The Date module does not properly escape user data correctly in some cases when setting the page title. A malicious user with permission to post date content could attempt a cross site scripting (XSS) attack when creating or editing content, leading to the user gaining full administrative access.
- Date for Drupal 6.x prior to 6.x-2.4
- Date for Drupal 6.x prior to 5.x-2.8
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Date module, there is nothing you need to do.
Upgrade to the latest version:
- If you use Date for Drupal 6.x upgrade to Date 6.x-2.4
- If you use Date for Drupal 5.x upgrade to Date 5.x-2.8
See also the Date project page.
The Acquia, Inc. support team
Karen Stevenson, the project maintainer.
The security contact for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.