Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
The module is simply spoken a crossing of 'Print' + 'PDFView' = 'PrintView'.
I really like the print module (printer-friendly pages), but it does not meet all my
requirements. What I needed was the ability ...
- to print taxonomy/term/x or taxonomy_menu/x pages, which contain multiple
nodes. print can only format node/x pages. some basic structural changes were
needed to archive this, so can cannot provide a simply patch for print module.
- to create a pdf download of the preformatted (using print) page (pdfview does
not format the page before it creates the pdf and therefore leads to malformed
- to add a single link 'print version' (e.g. to the footer) to provide the users a
printer and pdf view of the pages.
PrintView qualifies for my benefit and is easy to use.
You can prefix your page url with
- print/ to get a printer-friendly version of the page
- pdf/ to get a pdf download
- printview/ to let the user choose the format
for example 'print/taxonomy/term/3' creates the printer friendly view of
'taxonomy/term/3' and 'pdf/taxonomy/term/3' a pdf version for it.
I know that PrintView is not perfect and the pdf view needs more work, but I also
think it has potential. (The module uses html2fpdf to perform pdf conversion,
which is still in beta state, http://html2fpdf.sourceforge.net/) Maybe it can be
further extended and with your help succeed print module one day.
Forum does not allow attachments, you can download the module here:
Drupal 4.6: http://www.profix898.de/files/drupal/printview/printview11_46.zip
Drupal 4.7: http://www.profix898.de/files/drupal/printview/printview11_47.zip