Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-011
- Project: Tasklist (third-party module)
- Version: 5.x
- Date: 2009 March 18
- Security risk: Highly critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: SQL injection and Cross-site scripting (XSS)
Tasklist does not properly use the Drupal database API and inserts values from the URL directly into queries. This can be exploited to perform SQL Injection attacks. These attacks may lead to a malicious user gaining full administrator access. In addition, Tasklist allows users to add CSS to pages. This CSS was not restricted or filtered, allowing malicious users to insert arbitrary HTML and script code into these pages. Such a cross site scripting (XSS) attack may also lead to a malicious user gaining full administrative access.
- Tasklist 5.x-1.x prior to 5.x-1.3
- Tasklist 5.x-2.x prior to 5.x-2.0-alpha1
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Tasklist module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use Tasklist 5.x-1.x upgrade to Tasklist 5.x-1.3
- If you use Tasklist 5.x-2.x (development snapshots) upgrade to Tasklist 5.x-2.0-alpha1
Tasklist for Drupal 4.7.x is no longer supported.
See also the Tasklist project page.
John Morahan of the Drupal Security Team.
Stéphane Corlosquet of the Drupal Security Team.
The security contact for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.