If you've found a problem with Drupal code, the Drupal.org website, or Drupal documentation, follow these steps.
- Try to solve the problem yourself.
- Report problems with the Drupal software, the documentation, or the drupal.org site to the community using the issue queues.
- Ask the community for assistance. Please do not simply post a Support Forum request without at least trying to find an answer using the FAQ or the docs (see above). The online docs will probably offer you a faster resolution for your problem.
- You should begin by getting an account on Drupal.org if you haven't already.
- For real-time answers to brief questions you can ask the #drupal-support channel on IRC.
- Ask your question in the Drupal Support Forums. To use the forums effectively, read these tips for posting to the Drupal forums.
- Other ways to talk with the Drupal community.
Note that Drupal is built by a community of volunteers, that there are more things to be done than there are people to do them, and that even "simple" changes take time. See: how to interact with the Drupal community.