Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-019
- Project: Metatag (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2017-February-15
- Security risk: 11/25 ( Moderately Critical) AC:Complex/A:None/CI:Some/II:None/E:Proof/TD:Uncommon
- Vulnerability: Information Disclosure
This module enables you to add a variety of meta tags to a site for helping with a site's search engine results and to customize how content is shared on social networks.
The module doesn't sufficiently protect against data being cached that might contain information related to a specific user.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that a site must have a page with sensitive data in the page title that varies per logged in user.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance with Drupal Security Team processes.
- Metatag 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.21.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Metatag module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Metatag module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Metatag 7.x-1.21.
Also see the Metatag project page.
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity