Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-002
- Project: Doubleclick for Publishers (DFP) (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2017-January-04
- Security risk: 10/25 ( Moderately Critical) AC:Complex/A:User/CI:None/II:None/E:Exploit/TD:All
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module enables you to to place advertisements on your site that are served by Google's DFP (Doubleclick for Publisher) service.
The module has multiple Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities due to not sufficiently escaped fields.
The "administer DFP" permission is not marked as restricted.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance with Drupal Security Team processes.
- DFP 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.5.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Doubleclick for Publishers (DFP) module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the DFP module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Doubleclick for Publishers (DFP) 7.x-1.5
Also see the Doubleclick for Publishers (DFP) project page.
- Alex Pott of the Drupal Security Team
- Michael Hess of the Drupal Security Team
- Lee Rowlands of the Drupal Security Team
- Cash Williams of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity