Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-001
- Project: Permissions by Term (third-party module)
- Version: 8.x
- Date: 2017-January-04
- Security risk: 15/25 ( Critical) AC:None/A:None/CI:Some/II:None/E:Theoretical/TD:All
- Vulnerability: Access bypass, Information Disclosure
The Permissions by Term module extends Drupal functionality by restricting access to single nodes via taxonomy terms. Taxonomy terms are part of the Drupal core functionality. Taxonomy term permissions can be coupled to specific user accounts and/or user roles.
Enabling the module unintentionally gives access to all unpublished nodes to anonymous users
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance with Drupal Security Team processes.
- Permissions by Term 8.x-1.x versions prior to 8.x-1.11.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Permissions by Term module, there is nothing you need to do.
If you use the Permissions by Term module for Drupal 8.x, upgrade to Permissions by Term 8.x-1.11.
Also see the Permissions by Term project page.
- Peter Majmesku (jepSter) - the module maintainer
- Michael Hess of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity