- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2015-130
- Project: Migrate (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2015-July-01
- Security risk: 8/25 ( Less Critical) AC:Basic/A:Admin/CI:None/II:Some/E:Theoretical/TD:Uncommon
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module enables you to manage migration processes through the administrative UI.
The module doesn't sufficiently sanitize destination field labels thereby exposing a Cross Site Scripting vulnerability (XSS).
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role
with permission to create/edit fields (such as "administer taxonomy"), or be able to modify source data being imported by an administrator. Furthermore, the migrate_ui submodule must be enabled.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Migrate 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.8.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Migrate module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the migrate module's migrate_ui submodule for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Migrate 7.x-2.8
Also see the Migrate project page.
- Klaus Purer of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity