- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2015-129
- Project: Shibboleth authentication (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2015-June-24
- Security risk: 13/25 ( Moderately Critical) AC:Basic/A:Admin/CI:Some/II:Some/E:Theoretical/TD:All
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
Shibboleth authentication module allows users to log in and get permissions based on federated (SAML2) authentication.
The module didn't filter the text that is displayed as a login link.
This vulnerability was mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission Administer blocks.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Shibboleth authentication 6.x-4.x versions prior to 6.x-4.2.
- Shibboleth authentication 7.x-4.x versions prior to 7.x-4.2.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Shibboleth authentication module, there is nothing you need to do.
- If you use the Shibboleth authentication module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Shibboleth authentication 7.x-4.2
- If you use the Shibboleth authentication module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Shibboleth authentication 6.x-4.2
Also see the Shibboleth authentication project page.
- Kristof Bajnok the module maintainer
- Michael Hess of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity