- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2015-127
- Project: HybridAuth Social Login (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2015-June-24
- Security risk: 8/25 ( Less Critical) AC:Basic/A:None/CI:None/II:None/E:Theoretical/TD:Uncommon
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
The HybridAuth Social Login module enables you to allow visitors to authenticate or login to a Drupal site using their identities from social networks like Facebook or Twitter.
The module allows account creation through social login when the configuration is set to allow user registration by administrators only.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that a site must be configured to allow user registration by administrators only and that authenticated user accounts can access sensitive data that would otherwise not be shown to anonymous users.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- HybridAuth Social Login 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.13.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed HybridAuth Social Login module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the HybridAuth Social Login module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to HybridAuth Social Login 7.x-2.13
Also see the HybridAuth Social Login project page.
- Andrew Berezovsky the module maintainer
- Klaus Purer of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity