- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2015-114
- Project: Storage API (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2015-May-27
- Security risk: 13/25 ( Moderately Critical) AC:None/A:None/CI:Some/II:None/E:Theoretical/TD:Uncommon
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
The Storage API module creates an underlying agnostic storage layer for Drupal using many different underlying storage methods. Storage API can be used to create fields for entities to hold data.
The module failed to restrict access to the Storage API fields attached to entities that are not nodes.
This is mitigated by the fact that only entities with fields using storage classes that have access restrictions are affected (they don't have by default).
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Storage API 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.8.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Storage API module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Storage API module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Storage API 7.x-1.8
Also see the Storage API project page.
- Pere Orga of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity