- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2014-052
- Project: Addressfield Tokens (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2014-May-14
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The AddressField Tokens module extends the addressfield module by adding token support. It also adds some convenient addressfield formatters and provides Webform addressfield integration.
The module does not properly filter address field values, resulting in a Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability which can be leveraged by any user that can edit an addressfield on a site displaying that field using the "address components" field formatter.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission to create or edit an AddressField field (e.g. create or edit a node).
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance with Drupal Security Team processes.
- AddressField Tokens 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.4.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Addressfield Tokens module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- Upgrade to addressfield_tokens-7.x-1.4
Also see the Addressfield Tokens project page.
- Mark Casias the module maintainer
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity