Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-086
- Project: Monster Menus (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2013-October-30
- Security risk: Critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
Monster Menus includes the ability to protect the visibility of comments for each node based on hierarchical permissions. However, a carefully-crafted URL could be used to bypass these permissions, allowing an anonymous user to view the comments associated with certain nodes.
In order for this flaw to be relevant and exploited, the node itself must be readable by the attacker. Furthermore, the "Who can read comments" setting for the node must be something other than "Everyone".
CVE identifier(s) issued
- monster_menus 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.15.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Monster Menus module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the monster_menus module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to monster_menus 7.x-1.15
Also see the Monster Menus project page.
- Dan Wilga the module maintainer
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.