Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-083
- Project: Quiz (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2013-October-30
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass, Information Disclosure, Multiple vulnerabilities
Access bypass on deleting quiz results
The Quiz module provides tools for authoring and administering quizzes through Drupal. A quiz is given as a series of questions, with only one question appearing per page. Scores are then stored in the database.
The module doesn't sufficiently check the delete quiz results permission. All users who have the permission to view Quiz results can access the delete option in the results page irrespective of "delete any quiz results" and "delete results for own quiz" permissions.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "view any quiz results" or "view results for own quiz".
Access bypass in viewing quiz views
The Quiz module has Views integration including default Views. These default views provided by the module do not have proper access control. If the Views are enabled and the access controls are left unchanged then information about users quiz results may be disclosed.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- CVE-2013-4500 (Access bypass on deleting quiz results)
- CVE-2013-4501 (Access bypass on viewing quiz Views)
- Quiz 6.x-4.x versions prior to 6.x-4.5.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Quiz module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Quiz module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Quiz 6.x-4.5
- For both versions: Review the Quiz results view and delete permissions and ensure it is working as expected for intended users
Also see the Quiz project page.
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.