- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-050
- Project: Webform (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2013-May-29
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Webform module allows the creation of custom webforms and surveys.
Webform module does not sanitize the labels of created components (fields) when displaying a list of components to be used in e-mails or downloaded CSV files.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "edit own webform content" or "edit all webform content".
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Webform 6.x-3.x versions prior to 6.x-3.19.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Webform module, there is nothing you need to do.
If you use the Webform module for Drupal 6, install the latest version, Webform 6.x-3.19. Drupal 7 versions of this module are not affected.
Also see the Webform project page.
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.