- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-2007-031
- Project: Drupal core
- Version: 4.7.x, 5.x
- Date: 2007-December-05
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: SQL Injection
The function taxonomy_select_nodes() directly injects variables into SQL queries instead of using placeholders. While taxonomy module itself validates the input passed to taxonomy_select_nodes(), this is a weakness in Drupal core. Several contributed modules, such as taxonomy_menu, ajaxLoader, and ubrowser, directly pass user input to taxonomy_select_nodes(), enabling SQL injection attacks by anonymous users.
To learn more about SQL injection, please read this article.
- Drupal 4.7.x before Drupal 4.7.9
- Drupal 5.x before Drupal 5.4
Install the latest version:
- If you are running Drupal 4.7.x then upgrade to Drupal 4.7.9.
- If you are running Drupal 5.x then upgrade to Drupal 5.4.
If you are unable to upgrade immediately, you can apply a patch to secure your installation until you are able to do a proper upgrade.
- Nadid Skywalker
- Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
The security contact for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.