Hi,

Metatags aren't showing in views. Is there a way to make it worked?

Thanks,
Chris

Comments

DuaelFr’s picture

Version:7.x-1.0-beta2» 7.x-1.x-dev
Status:Active» Needs review
StatusFileSize
new513 bytes

Let's see if this could work.

This patch is part of the #1day1patch initiative.

caspervoogt’s picture

Not sure if I am experiencing the same issue. I'm using metatag version 7.x-beta7 and although meta tags do show up, I can't get the term name to show up in meta tags. When I disable the tvi module, the meta title (aka page title) does include the term name by default. The meta description is fine though. I checked the default Taxonomy Term view provided by Views (though I do not have this Taxonomy Term view enabled), and its meta title settings use "[view:title]" so I used the same thing in my view and it made no difference. "[current-page:title]" also does nothing.

The metatag module does not expose term-related tokens in the views meta token browser, so I don't expect tvi would need that. But somehow the metatag module is grabbing the term name and passing it into the rendered view, and tvi is stopping that from happening, I think.

Anybody else experience this?

caspervoogt’s picture

I got it working. The trick was to use a view of Content rather than a view of a Term, and then in the Contextual Filters I used a Taxonomy Term ID (with depth) as well as a depth modifier.

kevinquillen’s picture

Status:Needs review» Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

Has anyone tested the patch in #1?

caspervoogt’s picture

I haven't, because I'm not sure I was experiencing exactly the same problem.

arrubiu’s picture

Patch #1 works for me!

kevinquillen’s picture

Issue summary:View changes
Status:Postponed (maintainer needs more info)» Needs review
DavidPetit’s picture

I had the same issues and with this patch I confirm it's working.
Also I updated the patch to match the last dev versions of the module.

DavidPetit’s picture

StatusFileSize
new581 bytes
Alauddin’s picture

#9 patch works.. tested with 7.x-1.0-beta4

thanks.

kevinquillen’s picture

Assigned:Unassigned» kevinquillen
Scott Robertson’s picture

I can also confirm that the patch in #9 solved the issue for me. Once applied, the meta tags on my taxonomy term appeared in the source code.

GiorgosK’s picture

Title:Meta tags module doesn't work » metatag module compatibility
Status:Needs review» Reviewed & tested by the community

Lots of people have tested this already
so its ready to be committed
(seems like a trivial change)

applies cleanly to beta4

GiorgosK’s picture

Assigned:kevinquillen» Unassigned

I think it was assigned to this person by mistake
so unassigned to get the maintainer's attention

  • DuaelFr committed 4e04876 on 7.x-1.x
    Issue #1931836 by DavidPetit, DuaelFr | kszyhu: Fixed metatag module...
DuaelFr’s picture

Status:Reviewed & tested by the community» Fixed

:)

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed - issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.