Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Over atthe comment entity is getting a dedicated page for all it's different bundle (based on the different comment fields attached to entities). For now that page is called "Comment forms".
This UI needs improvements in terms of UX to make it clear for the user what these bundles are being used for and to make sure it's easy to find and update comment settings.
The bundle overview pages as well as field instance and formatter settings needs reviews in terms of layout and terminology.
Some code needs to be moved over to formatter settings, that is happening here:
Original report by andypost
There's a some cases to take into account:
1) Most of sites have global and separate settings for commenting form!
1.a) this setting could live on per field level - moving to field annotation?
1.b) introduce config entity to provide defaults a-la image-style?
2) threading and per page goes to CommentList formatter settings - there's some issue to fix tests. I'll attach patch latter in
3) Place to display the Comment Form - suppose this move to CommentList formatter settings too
4) comment_entity_view() - introduce second CommentLinks formatter with some hack to move comment links to node links
We should address this changes in patch
1) Administrative menu name
2) Overview screen columns
3) Field settings #284 - require fix
#285 - require fix and tests
#286 - require fix and tests