Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-003
- Project: RESTful Web Services (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2013-January-16
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Request Forgery
This module enables you to expose Drupal entities as RESTful web services. It provides a machine-readable interface to exchange resources in JSON, XML and RDF.
The module doesn't sufficiently verify POST requests thereby exposing a Cross Site Request Forgery vulnerability.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must trick an authenticated user onto a prepared page that leverages a weakness in certain browser plugins.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- RESTWS 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.2.
- RESTWS 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.0-alpha4.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed RESTful Web Services module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the RESTWS 1.x module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to RESTWS 7.x-1.2
- If you use the RESTWS 2.x module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to RESTWS 7.x-2.0-alpha4
Also see the RESTful Web Services project page.
- Klaus Purer the module maintainer
- Klaus Purer of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.