During the batch operation for automatic import of interface translations an ajax error occurs. The batch operation continues. The batch sometimes stalls before it is completed.
Error text (translated back to English): An AJAX HTTP request terminated abnormally. Debugging information follows. Path: /batch?id=3&op=do_nojs&op=do StatusText: error ResponseText: ReadyState: 0
- Checkout the latest Drupal 8 core dev
- Apply the latest patch of
- Download and unpack the devel module into sites/all/modules/devel
- Install Drupal: in the first step, select Dutch as language. Continue other installation steps as usual, use defaults where possible. (with other languages it fails too)
- Enable the Devel module at admin/modules
- The ajax error occurs immediately after initialisation of the batch. The batch operation continues quickly after the ajax error. You will need to record the screen activity with a video/screencast recording program to watch the actions in detail.
- In the watchdog you will find two occurrences of "File not found: http://ftp.drupal.org/files/translations/8.x/devel/devel-8.x-1.x-dev.nl.po."
In the watchdog you will find 4 php messages: "Undefined variable: old_set in _batch_process() (regel 298 van /Users/erik/www/drupal8/core/includes/batch.inc)", "Undefined variable: finished in _batch_process() (regel 305 van /Users/erik/www/drupal8/core/includes/batch.inc)."
to be determined