See the original announcement about Drupal For Dummies’s release in the Drupal news section.
Learn to set up, manage, and administer a Drupal Web site
Drupal offers unparalleled flexibility for content-managed Web sites, but most Drupal books are written for expert developers. Drupal For Dummies shows you the fast, fun and easy way to get going with Drupal, set up a site, apply templates, use modules, and more, even if you have no programming experience.
Drupal For Dummies shows you how to take advantage of everything in Drupal that is ready to use, demystifying what may appear to be a complex set of tools.
- Drupal is a free, open source modular framework and content management system designed for content-managed Web sites
- Learn how to download Drupal, install the LAMP stack, and set up a site; no programming experience required
- Organize and create your site's content; apply templates, and get your first site up and running
- Use modules and third-party templates
- Follow plain-English instructions for site management, including making changes across the site and managing user access and privileges
Drupal For Dummies is designed to help the non-programmer who simply wants to turbocharge a blog or is responsible for administering a content-managed site.