Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-2007-024
- Project: Drupal core
- Version: 4.7.x, 5.x
- Date: 2007-October-17
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: HTTP response splitting
In some circumstances Drupal allows user-supplied data to become part of response headers. As this user-supplied data is not always properly escaped, this can be exploited by malicious users to execute HTTP response splitting attacks which may lead to a variety of issues, among them cache poisoning, cross-user defacement and injection of arbitrary code.
- Drupal 4.7.x before version 4.7.8.
- Drupal 5.x before version 5.3.
Install the latest version:
- If you are running Drupal 4.7.x then upgrade to Drupal 4.7.8.
- If you are running Drupal 5.x then upgrade to Drupal 5.3.
If you are unable to upgrade immediately, you can apply a patch to secure your installation until you are able to do a proper upgrade.
The Drupal security team.
The security contact for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.