Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Responsive themes (including Drupal 8 core themes) will require using a variety of image sizes at different resolutions, so
- Images are optimized for screen and bandwidth.
- Anonymous page caching will work out-of-the-box.
- Other modules can easily alter the output for.
- Implement the still to be approved picture element so Drupal is using the latest technology at the time of release, by the looks of it (http://www.w3.org/community/respimg/2012/08/04/picture-in-the-html5-spec/) this will be solved in a timely matter, well before Drupal 8 is released.
- Implement it as a separate module so user can decide if they need it or not. This also gives contrib the possibility to come up with something better.
- Picture acts as a new display formatter for existing image fields.
- Focus on image fields first, but make it easy to support media, inline images as well.
- For the moment all modern browsers are working (so not IE8-).
- Write full documentation for picture.
Original report by [Jeff Burnz]
seefor the background discussion
- http://www.w3.org/community/respimg/ and http://www.w3.org/community/respimg/wiki/Picture_Element_Proposal
- Drupal 8 Mobile Initiative meeting #13
Polyfills for browsers not supporting
- https://github.com/attiks/picturefill-proposal based on https://github.com/Wilto/picturefill-proposal
- For the moment no native support, but some big companies are helping out on the proposal
- Polyfill works in modern browsers (IE9+)
- IE8 isn't working, because is doesn't understand media queries
- The fallback should work in all browsers and can be configured, the default fallback is the mobile variant, but this can be changed.
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 47,628 pass(es). View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 46,895 pass(es). View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 46,880 pass(es). View
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] Unable to apply patch picture-53.patch. Unable to apply patch. See the log in the details link for more information. View