Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-133
- Project: Taxonomy Image (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-August-29
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting, Arbitrary PHP code execution
The taxonomy_image module allows site administrators to associate images with taxonomy terms.
The module did not sufficiently filter retrieval of taxonomy images, allowing users to bypass Drupal's normal file upload protections to install malicious HTML or executable code to the server.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have the permissions "administer taxonomy" and "administer taxonomy images", and that the fix for SA-2006-006 - Drupal Core - Execution of arbitrary files in certain Apache configurations should prevent code execution in typical Apache configurations.
- Taxonomy Image 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.7.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Taxonomy Image module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Taxonomy Image module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Taxonomy Image 6.x-1.7
Also see the Taxonomy Image project page.
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.