Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-132
- Project: Announcements (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-August-29
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
The Announcements module creates an "announcement" content type and provides both node views and block lists.
The module doesn't sufficiently check node access under certain conditions.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "access announcements".
- Announcements 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.5.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Announcements module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Announcements module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Announcements 6.x-1.5
Also see the Announcements project page.
- Michael Hess of the Drupal Security Team
- Nancy Wichmann, the module maintainer
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.