- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-074
- Project: Contact Forms (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2012-May-09
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
This module expands the features of the site wide contact form. It eliminates the drop down category menu by generating a clean looking contact form (without a drop down menu) with a unique path for each of the contact form categories.
The module allowed users to edit the Contact Form settings if they have permission to 'access the site-wide contact form' instead of more appropriate 'Administer contact forms and contact form settings' permission.
This vulnerability is only mitigated by the fact that an attacker must know the correct url to access the Contact Forms settings page (though it is the same on all Drupal sites).
- Contact Forms 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.2.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Contact Forms module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Contact Forms module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Contact Forms 7.x-1.3
Also see the Contact Forms project page.
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.