Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-045
- Project: Share Buttons (AddToAny) by Lockerz (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-March-28
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module enables you to add Lockerz/AddToAny's universal sharing buttons to your site.
Previously, the module did not sanitize some of the user-supplied data before displaying it, leading to a Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "administer addtoany".
- 6.x-3.x versions prior to 6.x-3.4
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Share Buttons (AddToAny) by Lockerz module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Lockerz/AddToAny module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to version 6.x-3.4
Also see the Share Buttons (AddToAny) by Lockerz project page.
- micropat — one of the module's maintainers
- Michael Hess of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.