Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-037
- Project: Slidebox (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2012-March-14
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
The Slidebox module allows webmasters do display a link to the next node in a jQuery box that slides in from the right side of the page after a user scrolls past a certain point.
While the module checks for "published" status, the module does not contain sufficient usage of node_access() to prevent users from accessing content that they do not have proper permission to access (for example, nodes or node types that have been protected via an access control module).
- Slidebox 7.x-1.x versions prior to and including 7.x-1.3.
- Slidebox 7.x-2.x-dev
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Slidebox module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Slidebox module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Slidebox 7.x-1.4
See also the Slidebox project page.
- Joshua Brauer of the Drupal Security Team
- Brian Altenhofel - the module maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.