- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-030
- Project: Data (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-March-07
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module enables you to create arbitrary tables in your Drupal database and manage the data in them, and also manage data in existing tables such as those created by or imported from a third-party application.
The module doesn't sufficiently escape the human-readable title that is given to a new table by the admin, thus allowing arbitrary scripts to be run on the site.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "administer data tables".
- Data 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.0.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Data module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Data module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Data 6.x-1.1
See also the Data project page.
- Joachim Noreiko the module co-maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.