Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
I've read the "Diff vs. Patch" thread, but I guess I'm missing something. Perhaps that's because it's about creating a patch, not installing a patch. Could someone please explain:
- Does a patch patch the SQL tables?
- Is "patch" a MySQL command or just a descriptive suffix?
- If this affects the MySQL database, is there a way to install it using phpMyAdmin?
- Does a patch patch the module file?
- If so, how? Is it a php program? Do I ftp it and point to it with a browser?
- (What is it I'm not asking that I should be asking?)
I've searched the posts and cannot find anything that speaks to my dim wits. Any clues would be much appreciated!
FWIW, I'm using remote shared hosting (Debian), and, coming from older media, I am comfortable with (x)html and css but still very much learning PHP and know nada re MySQL.