Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-005
- Project: Vote Up/Down (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-January-11
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module enables you to add voting widgets to nodes, terms and comments.
The vud_term sub-module doesn't sufficiently sanitize taxonomy terms before display.
In order to execute arbitrary script injection malicious users must have the ability to create or edit taxonomy terms.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Vote Up/Down module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use a 6.x-2.x version of Vote up/down module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Vote up/down 6.x-2.8.
- If you use a 6.x-3.x version of Vote up/down module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Vote up/down 6.x-3.1.
See also the Vote Up/Down project page.
- Greg Knaddison, Drupal security team member
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.