Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Updated: Comment #27
The taxonomy autocomplete widget's input validation silently discards invalid input.
Invalid meaning according to the RFC 4180 (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4180) CSV format.
Examples using the above mentioned validity criterias (see also comment #25):
"Gary, IN" --> valid (and currently (i.e. D8) accepted correctly)
"Gary --> invalid under 5 (currently fails silently)
Gary Indiana" --> invalid under 5 (although currently accepted correctly)
"Jimmy "The Boss" Smith, Mr" --> invalid under 7 - embedded quotes must be doubled (saves 2 tags currently: "Jimmy" and "Mr")
"Jimmy ""The Boss"" Smith, Mr" --> valid (currently accepted correctly)
To reproduce this bug:
1. Do a basic d8 install.
2. Create an article node (which contains a taxonomy_term field, with the autocomplete widget)
3. Enter one of the examples from above
4. Click save
5. Repeat with a new example from 3
This saves the node but not the (invalid) tag and does not show any error message.
In the core taxonomy module, method taxonomy_autocomplete_validate() lacks validation of the tag field.
This issue has two parts.
1) Determine what input format to adopt for taxonomy input values.It is suggested in several comments to use the RFC 4180 CSV format.
2) Fix the taxonomy modules validation of invalid values according to 1)
[drudrew] suggests in comment #21 propogating the raw input to taxonomy_field_validate() so a validation error can be triggered
[droplet] suggsests in comment #24 to close this issue and create a new one.
(reviews needed, tests to be written or run, documentation to be written, etc.)
1) Make formal input specification
2) Fix validation accordingly
Original report by [hefox]
1) Go to a node type with free tagging
"Blah blah blah
3) click save
4) Notice that the term was not saved and no error was produced
(not sure which component, just guessing)
Happening in d6, looked at d7 and looks the same.
Beta phase evaluation
|Issue category||Bug because user input disappears silently|
|Issue priority||Major because user input disappears silently|
|Prioritized changes||The main goal of this issue is to remove a bug.|