Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
This is a meta issue concentrating on improving the UX in display suite. Code is written in a feature branch called restructure. (git clone --branch restructure http://git.drupal.org/project/ds.git)
Background info: http://krimson.be/articles/display-suite-ux-and-html5
Feel free to give your opinion!
- Restructured the strcuture/ds screen
- Improved the switch layout screen,
- Each layout can have a preview
- Changed "styles" to "CSS classes" in the user interface and in the code
- Seperated primary and secondary tasks in the UI
- Contextual links are on by default and can't be turned off in DS extras abymore
- The revision mode is insert by default and can't be turned off in DS extras anymore
- HTML5 solution: wrappers for the layout, regions and subregions (Field Group)
- New template system
- Region settings (next to the region and not in vertical tabs)
- Field template tests are broken
- The layout previews are kittens
After playing around with ds again after a long hiatus I had a closer look at how the main admin links for DS are labeled and described. I think these could be improved in how they 'project' what you will find on the pages behind them.
I'm attaching a mockup with my suggestions for discussion.
I removed 'View modes' in this version, thinking these should be found as children of 'Displays/layouts'. I understand that's a more drastic change then rewording existing UI text. I did it also because View modes are hard to explain :)