- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-2007-002.
- Project: Drupal Core.
- Version: 4.6, 4.7
- Date: 2007-Jan-05.
- Security risk: Less critical.
- Exploitable from: Remote.
- Vulnerability: Denial of service.
The way page caching was implemented allows a denial of service attack. An attacker has to have the ability to post content on the site. He or she would then be able to poison the page cache, so that it returns cached 404 page not found errors for existing pages.
If the page cache is not enabled, your site is not vulnerable. The vulnerability only affects sites running on top of MySQL.
- Drupal 4.6.x versions before Drupal 4.6.11.
- Drupal 4.7.x versions before Drupal 4.7.5.
- If you are running Drupal 4.6.x then upgrade to Drupal 4.6.11.
- If you are running Drupal 4.7.x then upgrade to Drupal 4.7.5.
- To patch Drupal 4.6.10 use http://drupal.org/files/sa-2007-002/4.6.10.patch.
- To patch Drupal 4.7.4 use http://drupal.org/files/sa-2007-002/4.7.4.patch.
The Drupal security team.
The security contact for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.