I am currently using Drupal 4.4 on a site with the project module. I notice that the feature module has not been updated on the CVS repository, and does not work under 4.4 (you get a 'table() in .../modules/feature.module on line 79' error). However, it appears to be operational under the Drupal web site, which is itself apparently under 4.4. I can get the module to register under the admin->config tab, but cannot create content. Can someone explain how the Drupal.org site did it, and whether I might be able to get that version of the features module?

Also, the releases page which the Downloads link points to (/projectsprovides a nice summary of available downloads. I have created my own releases under individual projects on my site and they appear in the node view for the associated project in a tabular layout under a 'Releases' heading. However, when I try to use a summary view analogous to the 'downloads' link on drupal.org (/project/releases), I get a blank view with 'Releases' at the top but no other listing. I suspect that this may have something to do with a requirement to run the 'update_project.php' script, although other postings (http://drupal.org/node/view/6331) appear to indicate that this is a left-over from previous versions.

I'm wondering if the active project module on Drupal.org is not in the CVS tree. If that's the case, could someone point me towards where it's being maintained? Alternatively, could someone suggest how I might get the 'releases' and 'features' components to work? I suspect others will encounter the problem I'm seeing, so if the solution was posted here it hopefully would allow everyone to understand the success path to traverse. Thanks!