The Zend Framework is a powerful open source web application framework for developing PHP 5 web applications. The Zend Framework module is a Drupal API module that makes the framework accessible to other Drupal modules.
For Drupal 7:
- 3.x: The 3.x branch brings ZF2 to Drupal
- 1.x: The 1.x branch brings the 1.x version of the Zend Framework to Drupal
For Drupal 6:
- 3.x: The 3.x branch brings ZF2 to Drupal 6
- 2.x: The 2.x branch brings the 1.x version of the Zend Framework to Drupal
Installation via Drush
drush dl composer drush dl zend
- Install the module to your sites/all/modules directory.
- Execute the following commands:
cd sites/all/modules/zend curl -s http://getcomposer.org/installer | php php composer.phar install
Once the framework is installed you can just use it. The Zend classes are available to use and will be autoloaded as needed. For example, in Zend Framework 1.x:
$form = new Zend_Form();
of in Zend Framework 3.x:
$form = new Zend\Form\Form();