This module improves the usability of the string translation form by making placeholders clickable for quick insertion in the target translation field.
Xlationist aims to make translation of strings using the Locale module (included in Drupal core) easier and faster. The current version was written in 2.5 hours and finds its beginnings in ideas I've had regarding how the translation interface can be improved. Drupal is a wonderful thing, as we all know, but its usability has room for improvements. String translation is one such case which can be a cause for frustration if you have to use it more than just a few rare times. It's a case where a very simple feature (clickable easily insertable placeholders) can make a major difference when it comes to the user experience.
In the long run and once Xlationist is feature-complete I hope it can be rolled into the Locale module and be part of core.
The module is currently in alpha, feedback and bug reports are welcome (see the issue queue).
For a discussion of the rationale behind this module, please see:
Sponsored by NodeOne
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Administration, Multilingual
- Reported installs: 1 site currently reports using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 457
- Last modified: August 21, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.