Workbench scheduler provides users with the ability to create schedules that change moderated content from one workbench moderation state to another. When editing moderated content, users can select a schedule and set the start and end dates for when it should be applied.
A simple example of when this can be helpful is to have a content revision set to be published on a specific date, and unpublished at another.
Users with the correct permissions can create custom workbench schedules where they specify:
- The moderation state to be set when content reaches the "start date"
- The moderation state to be set when content reaches the "end date"
- Which content types should be able to use the schedule
When editing content, users with the correct permissions can select which schedule to apply to their content and set the start and end dates from the "Workbench Scheduler" settings of the node edit form.
It is possible to select only a start or end date, so that only the respective state change will be applied.
Workbench scheduler comes packaged with views support to allow the creation of custom dashboards.
Workbench scheduler comes packaged with features support to allow exporting of schedules.
This module is dependent on the following modules:
Workbench Scheduler 8.x
The Drupal 8 version of workbench scheduler is under active development.
Workbench Scheduler 7.x-2.0-rc1
Workbench Scheduler 2.x is ready for production!
This release addresses some common issues as well as adds new, exciting features such as better workbench integration, the ability to assign multiple schedules to a node and hooks to allow developers to override core functionality.
For more information about this release please see its release page.
Warning: Do not test upgrade on production
In order to ensure that the upgrade doesn't break any existing schedules the upgrade process needs to be pretty aggressive about creating schedules and transitions. After you run the upgrade it's highly recommended you review your schedules and transitions and modify them accordingly.
This module was sponsored by Johnson & Johnson.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content
- Reported installs: 2,159 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 16,970
- Last modified: 7 March 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.